Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A birthday dinner: the celebration begins


Since it's after midnight, it's now technically my birthday, but tonight before midnight was when the celebration started. It's been truly a delight. I had dinner with my family at Orchids at Palm Court in the downtown Hilton, which has been rated best restaurant in Cincy by Zagat and like everything. It was incredible.

{The beautiful art deco dining room}

{orchid centerpiece}

{All of us at the table}

But before I show you the food (well, other than that desert plate up there), here's what I wore...


Dress - Asos
Belt - Forever 21
Bag - vintage (gift from my mom)
Shoes - T.J. Maxx

I always like to wear something special on my birthday, and last night was no exception. If you had any doubt about my love for Peter-Pan collars, open back, dresses with pockets, navy blue, nude shoes, or mint-green nails, my birthday outfit should assuage it.

Okay, now on to the food...

{Salmon topped with potato ravioli on top of short ribs in a pool of green apple tzatziki}

{One of Ryan's courses; what looks like salmon is watermelon.}

{All four of these glasses were my mom's at one point.}

{Fois gras on brioche with rhubarb}

{A morel dish of Ryan's}

{A salmon amuse bouche served in a china spoon}

{My bourbon blackberry cocktail}

Thank you to my family for making this a great birthday so far (even more fun to come tomorrow) and thank you readers for helping make this year incredible.

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment