Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Food - more specifically, birthday duck

Quick food share: This is the duck I had at Honey when Ryan took me out for my birthday. It's served with asparagus, sweet potato gnocchi, and a dark chocolate red wine reduction. It was oh so yum. Ryan just emailed me the picture.


And if you happen to be wondering why pictures of food come up so often on this blog, allow me to explain. The answer is twofold...

1. This is a blog about my life -- my fashion life specifically, but the rest of my life comes up of course too. This is the case with all my favorite fashion bloggers as well, such as Chiara of The Blonde Salad and Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere. I think that sharing my life makes my blog more personal and more unique. Since the pleasure of food (both cooking it and eating it) is a big part of my life, food shows up on the blog from time to time. (I warned you I was French.)

2. Food is often beautiful. My interest in fashion is wholeheartedly connected to my interest in and pursuit of beauty (details in this post). When I cook or eat beautiful things, I often feel the desire to photograph them. And, of course, I then feel the desire to share this beauty with you, my dear readers.

I hope you are enjoying the ever-evolving nature of this blog. Fashion is, after all, evolution. And I try to keep things new and fresh for you. Thanks for reading!

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment