Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, July 21, 2011

New business cards and wardrobe staples

I have a couple exciting new things to show you. First, there's these lovely new wardrobe staples purchased from Nordstrom's "Next Season On Sale Now" event: a pair of lovely quilted leather boots and a perfect black cashmere boatneck sweater.

IMG_8544

I'm a believer in investment pieces: timeless and high quality basics that will last forever. A good rule of thumb is that you should spend the most money on the clothes you spend the most time in. Therefor, shelling out a little extra for a pair of quality boots that you'll wear at least three times a week from September to March is worth it because you're spending very little on for each time you wear them. The place to save money and go cheaper is for a pair of fancy colored satin heels you might only find the occasion to wear once of twice a year.

The next thing to show is my new business cards that arrived in the mail today. They're from moo.com and I absolutely love them. I would especially recommend moo to fashion bloggers, photographers, designers, artists, or any one else who might like to include photos on their business cards. It definitely makes them stand out.

They arrived in this snazzy business card box . . .

IMG_8565 IMG_8566

IMG_8564

IMG_8559

I'll leave you with this photo I took earlier this week. It's not of something I bought but it is of something precious in my life
IMG_8481
Adorable one-and-a-half-year-old Owen is Ryan's nephew (and mine by choice, though not blood).

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment