Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Saturday, February 18, 2012

How to wear one item two different ways

One of my favorite bloggers, Jessica Quirk of What I Wore, recently solicited submissions for a Winter Remix Challenge.

Never one to pass up a good challenge, I began composing possible submissions as soon as I read her blog entry. Since I have trouble deciding on anything, I compiled quite a few.

The one I eventually chose to submit is this one: my favorite vintage suede skirt worn first with a vintage silk wrap top, yellow tights, and brown knee-high boots, and then with a blue tee, black cardigan, ice blue tights, and studded black ankle boots.


I also thought about showcasing that second outfit to show how I remixed the same black ribbon-ruffle-trimmed cardigan with a vintage fringy dress, quilted flats and a vintage Moschino belt for my anniversary outfit.


Of course, I thought it might also be fun to show how I wore this Missoni for Target black and white chevron dress over a knit top with a quilted vest and then later layered a sweater over it to make it look like a skirt, adding red tights and Wellies.


And, of course, there's my favorite red baby doll dress that I wore on Thanksgiving with yellow tights, brown boots, and a fall leaf crown I made, and then later on christmas with a fuzzy hooded cardigan, faire isle tights and saddle oxfords.

Winter Remix: Red babydoll dress

It was difficult to pick a favorite, but, in the end, I had to go with the suede skirt. It's one of my favorite items and it's so very versatile. I'm always discovering new ways to wear it.

How have you remixed a favorite item recently?


Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment