Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday recipe: Pumpkin Cream Pie (again!)

Pumpkin Spice Pie

It's time for one final pie. Again it's a twist on a classic. Now, I totally made this delicious pie last year (and posted it on the blog), but I wanted to post it again for three reasons.

01. I have more (better!) photos. And recipe posts are really all about the photos.
02. I have more readers now who didn't see the post last year.
03. After showing you photos of all three pretty pies together, I couldn't possibly cheat you out of one of them.

So, why pumpkin cream you may ask. Yes, I'm doing a twist on the three traditional Thanksgiving pies, but why? Well, pumpkin pie is lovely, but I'm not a big fan of its texture. So, why not improve the texture while, at the same time, adding a graham cracker crust and loads of whipped cream. Why, I ask you, why wouldn't you want that? Do you hate happiness?

Recipe here. It's a winner. Ryan wouldn't even looks at the other two pies. (This is partially because the boy hates pecans.) How can a nice Texas girl like myself possibly marry someone who hates pecans, you ask. Simple. More pecans for me!

Pumpkin Spice Pie

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment