Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wedding Pinspiration: the style

After the decor, the next thing I found myself picturing, was the style. What would I wear? What would Ryan wear? What would my bridesmaids wear?

As you know, I bought a gown at BHLDN in Chicago. The gown is top secret (mostly because Ryan wants to be surprised), but I can say that it's full length, romantic, and has a vintage feel while still being youthful.

With gown in hand, I've been spending all my time imagining what kind of headpiece, shoes, and accessories I want. I didn't think I wanted a veil, but, after seeing myself in one at BHLDN, I now think I do. It just made me look . . . so much like a bride.

I also really love bridal caps and 1920s-inspired headpieces, but don't want to overpower the gown. I'm also concerned about looking too old-fashioned. Maybe with modern hair, I can get away with a vintage-looking gown and headpiece. I still need to experiment.

I'm also thinking about textured tights and fun shoes. I think I want flats or something with a low heel. And, of course, I want a pretty manicure with an extra-sparkly "married finger."







Wedding Pinspiration


Wedding Pinspiration


Wedding Pinspiration


Ryan told me, soon after we got engaged, that he wanted to buy a nice suit for the wedding. Something slim cut and gray that would fit him perfectly. 

When I think about walking down the aisle next winter, I picture him in a 1960s-inspired gray suit with a skinny black tie, and his favorite Chelsea boots. 

Wedding Pinspiration
Source: Uploaded by user via Célèste on Pinterest


Thinking about Ryan's dream suit got me thinking about gray as a primary color for our wedding. 

I've decided I'd like my bridesmaids in gray. I know that it's a strange color for a wedding, but it's one of my favorite colors, and I think it's so perfect for winter. Also, they like the idea, so score!

I'd like their dresses to be full length, like mine, and for them to carry simple bouquets of lavender, an almost gray flower with an unmistakable scent that will always bring me back to my wedding day. 

Wedding Pinspiration
Source: bhldn.com via Célèste on Pinterest


Wedding Pinspiration


Surprisingly, the element of style and, in fact, the DIY project that I find myself getting most excited about is the boutonnieres. I'd like to make them not just for Ryan and his best man, but for all of our male family members.

I have so many ideas, that I can't decide what I like best. Lavender, of course, would match the bouquets, evergreens would be nice with details like pinecones or mistletoe. I also love the idea of raw cotton because it's so rustic and it looks like little snow balls. 

I might make a slew of mismatched boutonnieres (a unique one for each unique man) or maybe Ryan's will be unique and the rest will be uniform. Maybe I can incorporate all (or near all) of my favorite elements into one boutonniere design without it looking like too much is going on. 

Another opportunity for experimenting. 

Wedding Pinspiration


Wedding Pinspiration


Wedding Pinspiration


Wedding Pinspiration







Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment