Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Sunday, August 4, 2013

My Dad's Birthday

Poppa's Birthday
Poppa's Birthday

Last Sunday was my dad's birthday, so I made him a German chocolate cake. We gathered at my parents house, around their pool, although it was really not warm enough to swim. I enjoyed observing my dad spend his birthday doing the things he loves most: playing with his grandson, sitting in his back yard with his family, discussing ancient Rome with my fiancé.

It was a nice reminder that it's the simple things in life that make it so rich. The place you call home, and the people you call family are the most precious gifts of all.

Sorry to get so mushy on you. Birthdays and holidays really get to me sometimes.

Poppa's Birthday

signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment