Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, August 30, 2013

Our Day Trip to Columbus


Columbus Day Trip

Now that I work a regular 7-to-4-Monday-through-Friday schedule, Ryan and I are excited to spend lots of weekends exploring the other cities in our area.

We've got trips planned to Bloomington, Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky for the near future, and last Sunday we went to Columbus, Ohio. 

Some people like beach vacations, while others prefer the mountains; Ryan and I like to explore cities. Some of my favorite memories with him are of having long conversations while walking the streets of Paris, Stockholm, Chicago, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Las Vegas (not to mention the regular walks we take around our own beloved neighborhood here in Cincinnati). 

Even though Columbus is only a 2 hour drive away, neither Ryan nor I had spent much time there before. It inevitably came up as we brainstormed cities we could day trip to, and I was enthusiastic because I've wanted to go to a Jeni's Ice Cream Parlor since falling in love with her incredible creations a few years ago. 

We also spent some time at COSI, a science museum I have great memories of after spending an overnight field trip there when I was around 12, and we caught the movie The World's End, which was awesome. 

I'm definitely a fan of day trips; how about you? What cities can you day trip to from where you live? What do you think is the best way to take in a city in just a day? 

Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
IMG_5321Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip
Columbus Day Trip



signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment