Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wedding Week: The Ceremony

Wedding Week: Ceremony

Ryan and I designed our own secular ceremony to suit our needs and I wrote the script for it. It involved traditional vows as well as personal ones, a bitter-sweet wine ceremony lead by Ryan's dad with music by our friend Megan, and poems ready by Ryan's sister and my sister-in-law.

We put a lot of thought and planning into crafting the ceremony, and it was great to hear our friends and families tell us they found it meaningful and beautiful. It especially meant a lot to me that Ryan's family liked it because I knew they must be at least a little disappointed that we weren't interested in being married in the Catholic church.

My parents built the evergreen chuppah, which ended up looking amazing. When we initially began planning our wedding, the first thing I thought of was an evergreen chuppah, and I'm so thankful to my family for transforming that dream into a reality.

When I stared walking down the aisle, the reality of what was happening hit me, and I started to ugly cry. I mean, I fell apart! I always thought I would look beautiful walking down the aisle, but I ended up looking like a total mess. It just goes to show that you can't control every moment, and a wedding isn't a performance, it's a real life event.

Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony
Wedding Week: The Ceremony


signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment